Friday 21 October 2016

I am thrilled to reveal that my picture book Off to Market!, illustrated by Erika Pal and published by Frances Lincoln  was a runner up in the Dundee Picture Book Awards 2015. It was a lovely occasion and the children who hosted the event and, indeed, chose the winners were quite delightful.



 I am delighted to announce that my picture book, When Betsy Cane to Babysit, illustrated by Zoe Waring and published by Tamarind Press, was read on CBeebies on the Bedtime Hour earlier this year.
 And I have recently had several picture books and Early Readers published, the latest onet being Nothing Can Frighten a Bear published by Nosy Crow on 1st September. 

This book is beautifully illustrated  by Paula Metcalf.  This humorous rhyming text conveys a gentle, reassuring message that’s perfect for young children. 

Snuggled up in bed one moonlight night, Baby Bear is sure he hears a monster outside. Daddy Bear insists there’s nothing scary in the forest and, anyway, nothing can frighten a bear. But as the family of bears set out to make sure, and all vanish one by one, it looks like Daddy Bear might not be as brave as he seems…
This bedtime story is full of comic surprises and gentle reassurance. After all, the things that go bump in the night are never as scary as you might think!

If you'd like to take a look inside please go to http://nosycrow.com/blog/take-a-look-inside-nothing-can-frighten-a-bear/

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Dale
    I'm Mina and my first language is Persian.I graduated in english translation and my passion is translating story books for children. You definitly have a great role in making children happy by beautiful stories you creat. Would you please give me the honour of translating your stories and sharing them with Persian speaking children.
    Sincerely yours,
    Mina Nabavi

    ReplyDelete